Well, here we go again. I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels, always saying the same boring thing here. I'm up a pound this week. Last week I struggled a bunch. I only exercised 2 1/4 times (the 1/4 time was due to an interruption), and I slipped big time on Thursday with food. I should have known better than to go to the grocery store on an empty tummy, but I think I was trying to convince myself to "cheat". I ate 2 large novelty ice creams and a box of cookies. The box was rather small, but still. I felt compelled to eat them all. And I did.
During the course of this binge, which I did not turn into an extended episode, I really tried to feel my emotions and attempt to figure out what is going on with me that I want to abuse myself this way with food. Well, I can't say I made any real progress, other than being confident that part of my problem (probably about half) is simply carb addiction. I really must stay away from the bad ones or I get all sorts of cravings. I'm particularly prone to losing control the week after my period, which, indeed, last week was.
I have been reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and am experiencing a bit of confusion. I feel like I should know it all, and am impatient with myself for not knowing. I think it's been most apparent in my therapy sessions, but I know I'll get through it. I just feel like I've been stagnating for so long, and I'm frustrated.
We are leaving for Florida on Monday. I'm very excited to see my family and to get some much needed sunshine and r&r. I'm also nervous to fit into the regular sized clothing and swim suit I bought. I refuse to buy any more plus sized clothing! Maybe having to wear tight shirts at the club will help me make better choices.
Our plane lands on the morning of March 31st, so I hope to post an update in early April. Happy Spring to you all:-)


Other than the one day, it doesn't sound like a bad week. It's interesting that you can track which week of the month tends to mess you up. Maybe you can track food that week to help you be extra-vigilant?
ReplyDeleteI agree that it doesn't look so bad!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice trip :-)
The sunshine will make all things better! :) Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteHang in there. We all have our bad days. Hopefully the sunshine will rejuvenate you.
ReplyDeleteSorry you had a bad day but nothing is unsalvageable. Have a great vacation, enjoy the sunshine and time with your family.
ReplyDeleteNot a bad week at all and the best part is that you're checking in and being accountable to yourself. Speaking as someone who had a questionable week and didn't report back to HYC.
ReplyDeleteI'd be interested to hear more about your findings with Ekhart Tolle. I never got all the way through. So much of the change of thinking sounded like it should be so simple but I couldn't get my head around it.
Have a great holiday.