Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, March 2, 2009

Week 9 Check-in

I'm feeling better these days. This week the scale is down 1 lb, for a total of 6.4 in February, not bad! I'm quite confused about my Tanita scale, though. The non weight values bounce around like mad. Fat % is still 46-47%. I really hoped that number would move some. It's lower at night, around 43%, but still...

I did have a little slip up last week. My husband got on an airplane with my wallet (he managed to leave my keys at the info desk, but I didn't want him to leave my credit cards and driver's licence there) on Thursday, grocery shopping day. So, I had to pantry dive for dinner on Thursday night. I made (relatively) healthy pizzas on whole wheat crust, and a salad. Well, the pizza was tasty, but not great by any means. I then did my grocery shopping after dinner, stuffed with pizza. I suppose that was a good thing, because my slip was then limited to one candy bar. I ate more pizza for lunch the next day, then got back on track.

My exercise has been a bit erratic. I know I said I was going to try Slow Burn for a month...but I didn't even make it a week. I did the first day, then by the time I was supposed to do the second work out, I was feeling sick...so I skipped it. (this was all 2 weeks ago) Last week I just fell back to my normal routine, but light. Monday and Friday I did 30 min strength routines. Tuesday I spent 45 minutes on the bike. And that's it. This week is looking sketchy.

I've been spring fluffing my house like a mad woman. Partially due to my severe case of spring fever, partially in preparation to sell the house (some time this year). Anyhow, this lead to a rather spur of the moment painting of the kitchen, up the stairs and the upper landing. We'd been talking about doing it for some time, but suddenly someone was available. So he's here, (invading my work-out space) today and tomorrow, and possibly Wednesday if he doesn't finish. I could sit on the bike, but I do my strength training in our great room, which is adjacent to our kitchen...and basically, I like my privacy and would die if a fat roll popped out, you know? Anyhow, sorry for blabbering on...

We only have 2 weeks and I'll be on a plane to Florida. I cannot wait, but am a bit disappointed that I didn't make more progress on the scale. I did purchase a new swimsuit (in size regular 18), and a couple of shirts. I normally do loads of shopping on our trips to the US, but this time we're flying a different airline with severe (and I am talking an absurd 20kilos per person including carry-ons and my sons car seat and stroller) luggage restrictions. I did purchase some fabric for my spring fluffing project, but not as much as I want/require. (Hubby is going to NYC in early April, so I'll load him up:-))

Well, that's an update for now. I'll try and post something deeper (on my emotional weight battle) later this week.

7 comments:

  1. Pizza is one of the most high carb foods you can eat - if you really want to lose fat you must tell your body to not store it and to release the fat from the fat cells. This is best done bt eating fat and protein and keeping carbs very low to salads and a smidge of fruit.

    BTW, I'm the author of the Slow Burn Fitness Revolution. Remember exercise is not the key to fat loss. Strength training is all you need. The bike is a waste of your time. Nap instead. I'm serious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Georgia! I'm normally low carbing...that's why the pizza was a slip:-) I seem to be having trouble wrapping my head around less is more regarding exercise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're feeling better!

    You may not have made ALL the progress you wanted, but you DID make progress!!

    Don't sweat the carbs. It was time to punt and you chose well (whole wheat) and limited it. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The body fat thing on my scale drives me CRAZY! In 24 hours, it will swing from 39-54%, so I don't really trust it. And don't get me started on the airlines. Drives me nuts that some are charging for checked luggage. And I couldn't believe the in-depth scanning they did of my splint on my hand from surgery. Sheesh!

    Hang in there and keep making healthy choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I don't trust my Tanita either but sometimes I think it's because my feet are too small and don't fit the scale properly. I would love to have that BMI start to go down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6.4 pounds is great! So is a size 18 swimsuit.

    I love the expression "spring fluffing!" I am going to use that! It sounds so cheerful and not like a drudgery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better. Good luck continuing to make those great choices, even your slip wasn't at all bad.

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal