Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, July 20, 2009

HYC Check In

Things are going well here. The scale is down a bit this week, about 1-2 pounds, if I recall. My eating has been good, although I've indulged in summer berries on a daily basis. I got all my exercise in last week: Squeeze, kickboxing, body sculpt, kickboxing, body sculpt. I also went to the driving range 3 or 4 times. Although, I didn't do much lower body work. My abs were sore from the core focus on most of the days, though! I'm planning a similar rotation this week. I already did Squeeze this morning.

I guess the big news in my life is that we are trying to get pregnant. I'm 41, so we're only giving it a couple of months. It's taken us a really long (like 3 years!) time to decide if we want another child. We realize that two months is not much time at my age, but I really don't want to be giving birth at 43...and it could complicate our moving back Stateside. It's such a conflict, you know? Things are really stable here, my husband is rocking his career, we have zero debt, own our house, real estate taxes are ridiculously low. My husband enjoys the European standard as far as vacations and paternal leave go. Flexibility in his schedule is understood. Even if he keeps the same job when we move home, his hours will be longer and harder (given competitive US market and longer commute). He won't be able to support me (physically and emotionally) during the week, and will likely be wiped out on the weekend. Also, Obama is taxing the *&)# out of people, so our income tax would probably increase-maxing out at 60%! Not to mention real estate taxes in the five digits. I guess it would be different if we moved to where we had a family support network, but that is just not going to happen for various reasons...Anyhow, it's a lot to consider and weigh in on.

Yesterday I started ripping up and rearranging one of my perennial beds that's a mess. I thinned and moved a large patch of iris, planted some lavender and removed an ugly leafy plant. It still has a way to go, but it's rainy today. I have a boat load of yard work on my agenda, but will probably save most of it until the wee one goes back to school, in two weeks.

I hope every one's enjoying a healthy start to the week!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been kicking booty on the workouts! Congrats on the continued loss. And my the Lord bless you with another baby. Hope everything works out for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60% ?!?!? Really? Wow.
    Good luck trying for a baby. I just started the 'Fertility Awareness Method' of birth control which really helps you gather info about your body and optimal times for conception. You might not have time to chart your cycles, but I think it's great info if you're interested. (it involves checking cervical fluid and position and tracking basal temp over time)

    Sorry if that's TMI :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting about trying to get preggers! Good job on the exercise/eating. Let me know what you have in mind for a challenge - I probably have more free time than you so I'll leave it in your corner.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal