Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Late check in

Well, I'm back to minus 20lbs. I feel like I'm really struggling to get back in the groove. My eating has been OK since Wednesday or Thursday last week. Bread got the better of me right before my period kicked in. I feel like I have a million household type projects to do and I haven't been making time for exercise. I've also been really bad about keeping up with other blogs. Apologies for that.

My son is still waking up at 6am. I think it's usually because he needs to go to the bathroom, but after going, he's had too much stimulation, with lights, flushing, washing that he won't go back to bed. This is taking a bit of a toll on me, as I need my morning coffee time. Also, he's a bit over tired as he's only sleeping 9 hours at night. He does take a nap, but I don't think he's ready to drop it entirely. It's a bit of a vicious circle. I'm also so tired in the evening that I've been going to bed between 9 and 9:30. Anyhow, his over tiredness causes him to be a bit whiny and crawling all over me all day, which tends to irritate me.

Now, this is by far an epiphany, but we get along much better when my reaction is calm and firm (like that of the parent). Also, when I give him my full attention-not half, when I'm trying to email, surf the web, empty the dishwasher or type up this post. I am reading The Power of Now, and I feel like it can help me with some of these things. It's really difficult, though! To stay in the moment and to try and stop the mental chatter.

I have about 15 weeks until we go home for Christmas. Gosh, that doesn't seem like very long, does it?! My original goal was to be to 200 pounds by then, but that's 43 pounds away, and quite unlikely. Losing 20 pounds is probably more like it. sigh

2 comments:

  1. It happens.

    Well done on your weight-loss far.
    Another 20pounds before Christmas would a dream for me.

    I am struggling to lose 5 pounds since this beginning of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do a lot by Christmas! Chubby Chick is having a Christmas Challenge, that might help keep you on track. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal