Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, August 11, 2008

Back ....

I'm back from vacation. I've actually been home (and eating like crazy!) for two weeks. But today I'm pulling myself out and getting back on track to my Christmas goal. Michigan was great, despite a few altercations with my father. Perhaps altercation is too strong a word...what I did notice was that I am continually disappointed with him. I also noticed my insecurities popping up in a paranoid manner...but more on that another time.

Back to the bad eating. While I was in the States, I did not eat entirely the right things. But I didn't outright binge, either. I did sneak sugar snacks, though. Since returning to Sweden, I've been bingeing more. I think it's a response to my disparity (is that even a word?) about being here. The jet lag lasted a week, so the first week back is a bit of a blur, and I basically just ate to get through the day. Last week I took a photography class (it was too beginner for me, but fun none the less), so my schedule was more hectic than usual. This week, though, I have no excuses for not getting back on track! :-)

My plan of attack will be to eat no more really bad foods. This week I will allow myself yogurt with berries for breakfast, and perhaps one piece of bread for lunch. And Atkins bars. Next week I'll phase out the bread and start back on rigorous exercise.

4 comments:

  1. Hi I'm back too after weeks without my laptop.

    Good to have you back and that it was a good vacation ..... even the opportunity to learn more about your relationship with your Father.

    I have been eating very badly so tomorrow will be gluten-free. I'm not quite ready to do LFL properly.

    It all seems such an effort but unless I do it I will be unwell.

    I'd like to challenge you but I think it's best for you to work out where to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll get back on track in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Glad you're back home & posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on the same struggle with you and food, like so many people seem to be! hey don't visits with parents have a way of rekindling all those childhood uncertainties?!?

    You have a great blog of information here. Would you stop by and share your link so my readers may find you and we can be inspiration to each other? http://www.benaturallywell.com/blog/add-your-blog/ I think they are missing out if you don't!
    I also opened the forum yesterday. I would love it if you would consider participation. I would be glad to help you share your blog with the world! :-)

    Many Blessings,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal