Pictures from our weekend at Santa land. This was Santa's House
It was a snowy winter wonderland!
So, I cannot believe it, but I lost a pound this week! I was good about exercising, but there were some food slips ~ Including, but not limited to mashed potatoes with heaps of butter, dessert, some Christmas cookies and a candy or two. I started my period today, and my water consumption was not great over the weekend with limited bathroom supply... I will say, that eating was very moderated, which is what saved me, I believe. That is going to be my strategy over vacation. I will eat what I want, only in tiny or normal portions.
My plan for this week is to get in 5 more good work outs ~ can anyone recommend some more DVDs? I'm planning to fill my stocking with them. So far, I've picked out Total Stretch for Beginners with Tamilee, Cardio Balance Ball , and Balance Ball: Cross Train . I think I could use another strength option, and maybe one more cardio for something different ~ to keep me entertained until March:-) We will be trying to eat everything in the fridge and live out of the pantry mostly this week, so that should be interesting. We do have turkey we are still working on.
I'd also like to take a moment to think about 2008, and address my plan for 2009. I'm a little disappointed in my progress for 2008, I've really only lost about 33 pounds. I do think I've gained some muscle, but still, I would have liked to see a lower number on the scale. I feel more in control of my eating now that I've allowed (non refined) carbs back into my life in the form of fruits and grains. I was always so scared of "spinning out of control" if I ate one bite. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm in a better place with that now. The best part of eating a more balanced diet, is if/when I slip up, it can be just one bite! That's been a bit of a a-ha moment for me, certainly. I also feel like I've done a lot to incorporate exercise into my life. I plan for it, and though it's hard to admit, I think I'm more stressed/tense/antsy/grumpy/bitchy/etc when I miss my routine(s). Also, I over came a pretty significant set point at 241 pounds. I don't know where the next one will be, but I hope it will be easier than that one!
For the most part I was "on plan" in 2008. I did take about a month off, which probably cost me 5 or even 10 pounds. And, recently, even if my eating has been less than stellar, I've continued to exercise.
For the most part I was "on plan" in 2008. I did take about a month off, which probably cost me 5 or even 10 pounds. And, recently, even if my eating has been less than stellar, I've continued to exercise.
In 2009, I'd like to aim to lose 50 more pounds, putting me at about 180, or very near where I have my goal mentally. I'm a little scared that it's going to be even more difficult than these 33 I've lost this year. But, I will persevere! I plan to accomplish this 50 pound goal by:
- continuing, and upping, my 3 strength/2 cardio weekly routine
- spending more time at spark people, logging foods and exercises
- learning more about calories so I can be more conscientious of what goes in my mouth
- maintaining this blog ~ I really can't express how much it helps to write about what you're doing, and the wonderful support network it's created for me!
- learning to love myself
- learning to be more fully present (especially when eating)
I'm sure other things will come up, but these are the biggies.
So, there you have it. I will try to get around to visiting some of your great blogs this week. We are leaving on Monday, and coming back January 7th.
Thanks for sticking with me!





Have a wonderful holiday. Here's to a healthier 2009.
ReplyDeleteHey! thank you for the comment! :) I'm in the Great White North of Canuckland, but I'm in the process of immigrating to the US now... TX if you can imagine how the change is going to be. I do occationally enjoy the snow and shoveling is totally satifying to the body. Enjoy your time off!! Cheers
ReplyDeleteTamzin
Have a great trip!
ReplyDeleteI haven't talked to you in ages!!!
ReplyDeleteHaloumi cheese, remember?
I'm glad to see that you're still here!
I know you're disappointed in "only" losing 33 lbs this year, but gees, you did it!!! I think 2008 was a learning curve for alot of us. I plan on reaching my goal weight in 2009 myself.
I deleted my old blog accidentally & lost so many contacts. I hope we can keep up with each other again. I will add you to my blogroll again right now.
Have a very happy holidays!!!
Congrats on the loss and great progress pics!
ReplyDeleteI have plenty of DVD recommendations if you tell me more specifics of what you're looking for and what equipment you have. You obviously have a stability ball. Have I recommended Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30-Minutes to Fitness before?
How much longer do you think you'll be in Sweden? We're actually considering another overseas move--Switzerland this time.
Have a great trip and a great holiday season. Let's all ring in 2009 healthier!
ReplyDeleteWonderful about the loss! Have a great holiday!!
ReplyDeleteI think learning to love yourself is a huge step, so that you can be optimistic about small losses and give yourself praise rather than get upset with yourself becuase the loss was not larger. I know I struggle with that one.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you did pretty well! I hope you enjoy your holiday. Thank you for leaving me support on my blog. I so appreciate it! We are going to reach our goals in 2009 :)
ReplyDelete*Only* lost 33 pounds? Be very glad I'm not standing next to you right now. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a most marvelous holiday! 2009 is going to be another exciting and transformative year.