Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, February 28, 2011

This is more like it

I'm happy to report a 4.8lb loss this week!  That makes up for that 1.8 gain last week.  I'll have to work hard to make my short term goal of 230 by Florida, but 7 lbs and change in 3 weeks is do-able. Two months into the year and I've shed 24lbs.  I'll take that!

I did not exercise at all last week, and not sure I will get to it this week.  Things are still very up in the air with our house.  And, I've been getting progressively freaked out by my son's birth defect and the prospect of fixing it.  Happily, I have not eaten to stuff those feelings away.  I've just cried, moped, bitched...not the best coping mechanisms, but I think it signifies a step in the right direction.  At least my feelings are getting out, I'm just unsure as to how to deal with them after a lifetime of denial, you know?

The swimsuit I bought for Florida fits--it's an 18 regular tanktini.  I am, however, extremely dissatisfied with my legs.  They have always been one my my least favorite parts of my body--most of my weight is in my thighs and butt, and even my knees and ankles show it.  I am not like one of those women who are overweight but still have great legs...Anyhow, they look terrible, there is loose, wrinkly (I kid you not) skin that looks like it belongs on an 80 year old.  And, they are still fat as f**k!  I'll have to cover up with a skirt or towel...again. 

My mantra is going to be: One day at a time!  That will help keep me in the present moment, where we all NEED to stay!  Being out in the future is pointless, as is getting hung up on the past. 

2 comments:

  1. good for you for not eating your stress! And yay for the loss! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always hated my legs as well and I know what you mean about seeing it in your ankles and knees. yikes. but great job for not turning to food for your stress! congrats on the loss as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal