I've been pondering what type of rewards to give myself when I reach certain goals. I've been pretty bad about rewarding myself, in general, because my critical voice always comes out saying, "that was nothing, you can do better" or something similar...
Anyhow, I don't really want for anything material. I have a few spa days from birthdays/v-day etc. I just need to find/make time to use them. One thing that is lacking is my wardrobe. I can never justify spending much on "fat clothes". So, I'm coming up with a couple of ideas, no?
I'll start with scale victories, but add some non-scale ones in along the way. So, here's a start:
250: A new mascara.
240: Make time for a pedicure, minimum.
230: Make time for a facial, minimum.
220: New wallet:

210: New Cosmetic Bags:

200: Flattering Cashmere Sweater, and additional wardrobe upgrades. I hope to reach this milestone by December, 2008, and will then begin a 12 week Body For Life Challenge at the beginning of 2009!
190: Flattering pants or skirt and shoes to coordinate with above sweater
Anyhow, I don't really want for anything material. I have a few spa days from birthdays/v-day etc. I just need to find/make time to use them. One thing that is lacking is my wardrobe. I can never justify spending much on "fat clothes". So, I'm coming up with a couple of ideas, no?
I'll start with scale victories, but add some non-scale ones in along the way. So, here's a start:
250: A new mascara.
240: Make time for a pedicure, minimum.
230: Make time for a facial, minimum.
220: New wallet:

210: New Cosmetic Bags:

200: Flattering Cashmere Sweater, and additional wardrobe upgrades. I hope to reach this milestone by December, 2008, and will then begin a 12 week Body For Life Challenge at the beginning of 2009!
190: Flattering pants or skirt and shoes to coordinate with above sweater
35 " waist:

and pants from LuLuLemon
Then we'll see how I'm looking/feeling:-) I'll probably just be so excited to shop at Vineyard Vines, J Crew, Lilly, etc that I won't know what to do with myself! The lowest I've been was 218, and that was only fleeting. I hung out around 220 for a while, but most of the past 8 years has been around 240-260. I rocketed back up to 299 right before the Babe exited... So, at 218 I was wearing a size 16W in Tommy Hilfiger...I still have those damned skirt and khakis, and it will be AWESOME to feel them fitting comfortably around my waist!

Then we'll see how I'm looking/feeling:-) I'll probably just be so excited to shop at Vineyard Vines, J Crew, Lilly, etc that I won't know what to do with myself! The lowest I've been was 218, and that was only fleeting. I hung out around 220 for a while, but most of the past 8 years has been around 240-260. I rocketed back up to 299 right before the Babe exited... So, at 218 I was wearing a size 16W in Tommy Hilfiger...I still have those damned skirt and khakis, and it will be AWESOME to feel them fitting comfortably around my waist!


Great mini goal rewards. I rarely get makeup, so if I can maintain below the 170 mark here for one more week, I plan on getting a nice lipstick (Mary K? maybe?).
ReplyDeleteWay to go. The wallet and cosmetic bags are cute!
I agree! My energy level has increased like crazy since I've been working out so much. That added energy is a huge blessing with little ones to chase after, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteCindy, I like that idea of rewarding yourself for maintaining for a time!
ReplyDeleteHolly, yes, indeed!