I've been browsing around some other dieting blogs for inspiration, and so many people seem to have the same battles. Anyhow, taking a few words from others, I'll start by making some promises to myself:
- 2008 will be MY year!
- Small stumbles will NOT become major roadblocks
- I will work in BABY STEPS
- I will be ACCOUNTABLE for my actions through this blog, even if no one ever reads it.
- I will nurture myself and my family in healthy ways.
And, really, I need to keep reminding myself that it's not like I will NEVER be able to eat a piece of cake. But, that's the way it feels sometimes, because of my wretched relationship with carbs. In the scheme of my HEALTHY LIFE a year (or so) is such a small sacrifice. The benefits of a trim/healthy body are numerous for me:
- Playing more voraciously with the Babe.
- Buying fun/attractive clothing
- Feeling good about myself
- Not feeling totally self conscious about my fat ass every time I leave the house or see a mirror.
I've been pondering what I did differently in 2000, when I lost 75 pounds. It seems like it was so easy, when I think back onto it. I did Lean For Life and used the Nordic Track. The difference now is I'm finding it impossible to stick to Lean for Life...Atkins is just more convenient. I can't find the time to write down every bite I take with a toddler, husband and house to care for. So, perhaps I won't be able to lose 10lbs a month...but I have to do what I can. I need a plan that I can stick to, or it just won't work, you know?
OK, enough excuses for today....
This is brilliant, and extremely inspiring! It is an exercise I should probably do myself.


Those are great promises to yourself. You have lost weight before so you know you can do it, even if it is harder this time. Good luck, you can do it!
ReplyDeletePart of making a successful life change is knowing what you're going for, figuring out how, and then understanding why. Looks like you've got all of those things figured out. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful list of promises.
ReplyDeleteAnd who needs to lose 10 lbs a month? As long as it is coming off and it stays off, it's all good. (That's what I keep telling myself ... sometimes it's hard to listen to myself, but I keep telling myself and eventually it will sink in.)
Sounds like you have some great goals and you are putting it out there clearly. Writing it all out helps, doesn't it? Anyhow, I wish you the best on this journey!!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!:-)
ReplyDeleteYou're on your way to success! Being positive amongst the chaos of the family is terrific.
ReplyDelete