Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, November 10, 2008

Quick Update

I'm hanging in there. Nothing much is new. The scale is up today, but down from it's high this week. I have to confess a small slip involving chocolate and white bread on Wednesday ~ to the tune of about 1,000 calories. Now, I know 1,000 calories does not 4 pounds make, so I'm trying to tell myself it's PMS, salt, etc. I have really ramped up the exercise-that could be part of it too. I'm going to continue with my focus being on exercise. This week will look like:

Monday ~ Jillian Michaels Frontside (done!:-))
Tuesday ~ Denise Austin 3 Mile Walk
Wednesday ~ Kelly Coffey-Meyers 30 Minutes to Fitness
Thursday ~ Leslie Sansone 3 or 4 miles
Friday ~ Jillian Michaels Backside

Since I've been watching my calories the past couple of weeks, I am totally convinced that I was simply eating too many on Atkins. I am a bit torn, because it's certainly easier for me to eat Atkins, but it's obviously not working. I wonder if I combined Atkins with low cal if I'd see results, sticking to lean meats and veggies? Probably, but then I begin to feel too confined and get bored with food choices. I am certainly enjoying the whole grains we're eating these days.

I'll try to post more later this week, now that I'm spending more than 20 minutes a day exercising, I seem to have less free time!

8 comments:

  1. Is there a way to kind of combine your Atkins plan with your lower-calorie plan? Do one of them during the week, another on weekend? (I'm asking, I have no idea if that could/would be successful.)

    Looks like a good workout plan for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you do atkins but count the calories on spark or calorieking...

    Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe try something like the South Beach plan? It starts very much like Atkins, but then focuses more on leaner meats and good carbs. I tends to be more calorie friendl then pure atkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Skinny!
    I changed to Eating Clean recently & I'm having amazing results!!! I eat basically a protein & veggie at every meal & some fruit & some oatmeal for breakfast. I have NO cravings for junk & I almost have to force myself to eat some meals. Consider trying it. I lost 9.8 lbs in 2 weeks! I haven't been able to do this all year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea Jillian had a frontside/backside DVD. I clicked on your link and read about it. Looks good! I bow to thee if you can finish one of her workouts. She's tough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a good exercise plan. Good luck with the tweaking of your eating plan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm excited to follow yours... Wow, I'm impressed, I bet Jillian's work out videos are not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will admit, that I wouldn't do well if I cut out any specific foods from what I ate. I would be miserable!! I know it works for many and I hope you find your balance. I just love food so much, that I don't want to feel deprived.

    Thanks for popping by my blog and commenting. I'm going to add your blog to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal