In an effort to stop living a fear driven life, I've added whole grains and a few fruits back into my plan. I'm also practicing daily affirmations telling myself that I am in control. I'm basically using SparkPeople to plan and track my meals/calories. I'm trying not to get totally obsessive about the calorie tracking. I can tend to say, "Oh, no! They don't list my exact brand of bread...I need to create a custom list for it. And, nooooo! My nutrition label only states what 100g contains. What's in a slice?! I better weigh it out and do a bunch of math." If I eat a normal looking slice of bread, I'll just pick the closest looking thing off the list and call it "good enough".
Thanks to you all for the input on my son. I've been trying to explain to him that I'm trying to grow stronger. He says, "Ohhhh, so you can jump to the ceiling?" ~smiles~ Uh, huh....sure, yes! It cemented with him a bit more on Saturday when we were out hiking in the forest with some friends. His friend Emmet and his mother ran down the hill, and my son wanted to do the same. I told him (no, it's not the perfect response, but I think it worked), "Emmet's mummy is skinny, I'm trying to get healthy so I can run with you too! But, for now, I need to walk down this hill so I don't hurt my knees." He really accepted that, and was happy to walk safely with me down the hill.
My goals for last week were:
continue with low carb eating, allowing occasional whole grain serving~I shook this up and have pretty much changed my plan
continue with 3 liters of water and green tea daily (has anyone discovered Matcha?? It's so good!)~did pretty well, a little light on water over the weekend, though
2 strength and 2 HIITs~actually did 3 strength and 2 HIITs, plus yard work and a forest hike
process and upload 2 more months of photos~yeah! made it through August and September
practice being kind to myself~this is an ongoing goal, I don't know why it's so difficult!
schedule a spa appointment for next Tuesday morning~my schedule changed Tuesday, so I'll have to find another day...
practice being in the moment~like being kind to ones self, this takes practice and is not easy!
So, for this week, my plan will be:
- Follow my meal plan, and eat 1600-1800 cals a day
- 3 strength, 2 HIIT workouts
- Continue with 3 liters water, and green tea
- Process and upload October photos
- Daily affirmations
- Practice being in the moment


Looks like a good plan!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for listening to your body and your mind/heart-chatter and adjusting.
(I do the same thing with Sparkpeople. I used to obsess about whether I should record this brand at 100 or this one at 110, and then I realized, 10 calories wasn't anything to ponder.*G*)
Have a great week!
have you considered weight watchers? it really does work :))
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good plan, I love sparkpeople. I agree with you on the Atkins. South Beach is somewhat better but I have to have calorie limits in place.
ReplyDeleteI've sat at my computer with the nutritional label of my favorite foods and entered them into sparkpeople, if you buy the same things, it works.
Sounds like a good plan.. it is good to shake things up sometimes! I am at weight watchers too and find it is a great way to track food and the support is fantastic
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at your description of obsessing about entering foods in Sparkpeople. I think that happens with a lot of us!
ReplyDeleteI think you have a great plan and I wish you lots of luck this week!
I am happy that you found a better way. I have only just found you and your are an inspiration to me, Thank you. Have a good week. connie
ReplyDeletein reply to your post on my blog....
ReplyDeletehow weird about your arms. The dermatologist said it was petichea but mine started after an international flight also. I'm real curious to find out what is causing it as mine has re-occurred a couple times in the last 8 weeks.
Good luck on your changes this week. I think that is what is so important - that we listen to our bodies and change things as we feel necessary. The alternative is to just give up and that's not the best option.
Cheers!
I use sparkpeople too and I love it. Good for you hanging in there!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your son is getting the idea. Someday you WILL run with him.