I lost .6 pounds this week. I was down a bit more, but you know how the scale can bounce around. Exercise has been great. I'm continually sore from Jillian's Frontside work out. I am experiencing difficulty doing some of the moves, particularly squats and lunges. They're crazy on my knees. The upside is each week I can do a little more! That's what it's all about, non?
My son is sick, a-g-a-i-n! It seems like he's been off and on sick for 2 months now, enough already! This time it seems to be Fifth's Disease.
We'll be chowing down turkey on Saturday, since it's not a holiday here. I'm planning to indulge, but only a little. We're having some friends over with 3 other children, so 4 adults and 4 children. My menu looks like this:
Bibb Lettuce Salad with Persimmons and Candied Pecans
Roasted Turkey (yes, I'm using a stick or two of butter...)
Mid-Atlantic Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing (I'll be using healthy bread and cutting the fat a bit)
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Pancetta
Crème Fraîche Mashed Potatoes (I add a whole head of roasted garlic and use low fat creme fraiche)
Roasted Winter Squash and Parsnips with Maple Syrup Glaze and Marcona Almonds (I'll be cutting the butter and maple syrup down)
My Mom's Cranberry Chutney (I don't much like this so no biggie)
Cranberry Pecan Frangipane Tart
Whew...I have a lot of cooking to do! I was planning to do my big shop today, but my son is home sick...not sure if I want to drag him to the grocery store. We'll see. We also had a foot of snow over the weekend, so it's a winter wonderland, I haven't been out in it yet. I am not a fan of snow, especially since the "best" shoes I have for snow are just fuzzy Crocs...
I have spent some time this past week working on being in the moment, via The Power of Now. I am nearly finished with the book, and think I will re-read it directly. Often I feel like I'm on the brink of understanding some of my emotional issues, and then I whisk myself back to the future and lose the moment.
Just 3 weeks and we'll be in Michigan. I am definitely feeling homesick and nostalgic. Dreading the flight, but anxious to get there!
This week will be focused on exercise, eating less and executing on my to-do list.
I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!


Good job on the loss. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteWOOHOO on the loss! Hope your son feels better soon. I'm cmoing down with a head cold - no fun. I love my fuzzy crocs!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the loss. Sorry your son is sick--that's always tough.
ReplyDelete