Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, February 9, 2009

HYC ~week 6~

Finally! After a month of no progress, I'm happy to report the scale moved 4.8 pounds in the right direction this week! Woo-hoo! On Tuesday, I switched over to lower carb. My fridge wasn't totally prepared for that, so there was some low fat, black bean chili that I worked on for lunch most of the week. That, combined with yogurt, probably kept my carbs around 80ish. According to sparkpeople, my calories were in the 1400-1600 range, which was shockingly easy! I never really counted calories while I was low carbing before, and I have to say it was soooooooo much easier for me to keep the calories low when I am not eating bread and pasta. I am not one that can eat just one slice of bread...and, truthfully, when I was trying to follow sparkpeople's "balanced" food plan, I was always hungry. So, once again, I've learned that I simply must control my carbs.

If I forget this again, please feel free to spank me.

I also upped the exercise last week. The routine looked like this:

Monday: Slim, Strong & Sexy Body Sculpt, upper and lower body and core
Tuesday: 45 minutes on bike
Wednesday: Squeeze, 55min full body workout, plus 30 minutes on bike
Thursday: 60 minutes on bike
Friday: Jillian Backside workout, plus stretching

That was a lot of exercise for me. I'll try to keep up this week, but today I've only done the Upper Body portion. We'll see if my son agrees to join me in the lower bod...he was most unhelpful earlier. I gave him a smaller sized resistance band (in his favorite color, even) but of course he wanted mine. I couldn't make it with the small one so we kept fighting about it. Neither one of us show our best sides when we don't get our way.

My therapist is out sick until next week, so I've been hanging in there emotionally. I often feel like weekends are the toughest. With both my son and hubby around the house, and usually varying my routine somewhat. You'd think that would be the best time, but somehow I think I value my alone time so much. I know I need to work through this so as not to make everyone miserable, especially myself.

We are leaving for Florida in just 5 weeks, so I really need to make every day count! I'm glad the scale finally moved for me this week~it makes me feel like I have a chance of making a noticeable change before vacation.

This weeks plan includes:

~low carb eating
~aforementioned exercise
~daily affirmations to the mirror
~limiting negative self talk (this is really difficult for me!)
~planning some sort of Valentine's dinner at home...maybe foie gras...mmm

I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's weekly updates!

PS My new scale is a bit crazy, like chubrub warned me. My weight has been steadily decreasing (even though it added 2.4 pounds from my other scale) but my fat % has gone up! I know the only way for that to happen is to lose muscle, which the scale says I did...but I know that's not possible, given the amount of exercise I've been doing and the protein I've eaten. I guess I just have to not obsess about it so much. Easier said than done...:-)

8 comments:

  1. Good job! The fat% goes up when you're a little dehydrated too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic week! It's amazing how easy it is to stay within calorie ranges when it's healty food. :)

    Here's wishing you another successful week--on and off the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice loss!

    I dunno how you can do low carbs. I'm envious, but I find that when I don't eat much carbs, I'm totally hungrier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nearly 5lbs! When you break a plateau you do it in style! I had the same discovery when I started lowering carbs, I was amazed by how much could eat. I was actually having trouble hitting my targets because my counts were too low!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a great week - it sounds like the lower carbs really works well for you.

    Good luck with this week's plan, and enjoy the foie gras . . . mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal