Eating last week, uh...could have been better, but no binges.
Scale today, up one pound.
I am so frustrated. I don't know why I can't just eat less. I know the scale is not just water, although it is that TOM. I know it's not muscle weighing more, because my clothes actually feel tight.
I only have six weeks until we go to Florida, and I really wanted to be down 20 pounds. So far, I wasted all of January, and I'll be lucky to lose 10. I have updated my measurements today, so I can see if anything is happening. It was really depressing. How can I gain 4 pounds over the Holidays and also gain back almost all my girth!?
I have not been good about either measuring my foods or tracking calories/etc at Sparkpeople. I think this is partially denial, but I really think the bigger part is that I don't want to be a slave to counting calories and becoming obsessive about it. I know this is something I need to come to terms with. I watched carbs for so many years, it's kind of habit now. I know which foods are whole grains, low GI, more nutrient dense, etc...but I have some sort of block about calories. I can't seem to be consistent about tracking them. I'm pretty sure once I get into the habit, it will not be such a big deal, but it is just such a large hurdle now. I can feel my perfectionism creeping in on me here. "Oh, I didn't enter yesterdays foods perfectly, what's the point?" "I didn't have time over the weekend...why bother with the other days?" I've tried following the Sparkpeople menu, but somehow it just doesn't happen. I buy all the foods on their list, so I can make everything they tell me to....but then I end up putting them together differently (I like to cook, and am good...and my husband enjoys when I explore). Theoretically, this should not matter...should it? Anyhow....
The action plan for February will include:
- More exercise~3 strength sessions, 3 cardio sessions, minimum
- Less wasted time on Internet
- Improved attempt to eat clean and healthy
- More green tea intake
- 3 liters of water daily
So, here we go!


i'm going to say it again: (hehe) weight watchers really works!!! i really do think it comes down to portion control. weight watchers uses points by keeping track of calories and saturated fats for your portions. unfortuneately, i just don't think there is any other way for it to work. less calories, combined with exercise is really the only answer. just wanted to share with you, it doesn't feel like a diet either. i have been on it for 13 months now, and have been at goal for a little over 2 months now, total lost: 35-36kg, or 77-80 lbs, depending on the day...anyway, good luck to you!!
ReplyDeleteHi, I just came across your blog. Great work!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet comment and yay! for no bingeing :-)
ReplyDeleteSorry about the pound. :(
ReplyDeleteFor Sparkpeople to work for me, I had to turn the logging into a game. I gave myself rewards for earning sparkpoints,which made the logging process more tolerable.
here's hoping for a better week this week...
I'm sorry about the pound but you have to take it in stride. You are working out more and your body is gaining muscle.
ReplyDeleteJust keep doing the good things and your scale will catch up with you.
Great action plan for the month. I am right there with you in that I am doing pretty much all I can and the scale is not reflecting it. At least I am getting my body healthy and I can feel it! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSorry too about the pound but SJ is right, with all those good strength sessions there's got to be some muscle development so it should all work out in the end [I'm banking on the same thing]
ReplyDeleteGreat goals for Feb.