Well, I'm feeling a bit more focused and on track today. Partially due to the scale going in the right direction. I'm down 1.2 pounds for the week. Not bad. Following that big loss last week~I half expected to be up this week. I'm also chalking my slipping feeling from late last week to PMS. For some reason, I'm always a bigger b!tch than usual the week before my period. And its my toughest time of the month for cravings.
I'm happy with the exercise I did last week~2 cardio sessions and 2 Pilate's sessions. The Pilate's work outs were short and sweet, but I think that's the best way to ease into it. I can feel it in my tummy, slightly, so some thing's happening:-)
Oh, I went to the GYN last week. He had my blood results, which were completely normal for thyroid and red blood cell count. He had told me he would do a cholesterol test, but when I asked about it I received the standard Swedish response of "Oh, we don't do that here. You'll have to go to a different doctor." Ugh... I don't even have a GP here. I'm not going in for another blood draw just for that. I would have to figure out who to call, make an appointment-which they probably won't agree to unless I'm sick...then I'd have to see the Dr., then go back for a blood draw, then go back for results. It would surely be Summer break by the time results were in. (Everything shuts down completely here between mid June and mid August~you can barely buy fresh milk)
So, the goals for this week:
Exercise 5 times, 3 HIIT cardio and 2 Pilate's
Keep swigging H2O
"Feel" skinny
Look up thinspiration on the 'net whenever I feel like I'm losing perspective
It will be interesting to see what happens in therapy on Wednesday...I haven't been for a month now. It all seems rather remote, and on the back burner.
Today we're venturing to IKEA. I hate that place, but they have a play room where I can plop Babe-he likes that kind of thing, and it's a rainy day. It will be different to walk around there by myself. Babe's been able to go to the play room at the grocery store, and I've had some peaceful moments reading labels. LOL
I'll be posting new pictures in 2 weeks-that will be 3 months since the first ones. I wonder if any change will be noticable.


Congratulations on the loss!! Woohoo!! Its better than a gain!! have fun at Ikea, I love dropping the kiddies off and wondering FREEEE!!! (at least in the confines of the store, but it is a BIG store!!)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm glad you feel focused and back on track. I always feel my motivation wandering around TOM, and then the scale stops moving and I want to throw in the towel.
ReplyDeleteSo yay for the scale moving, in the right direction, no less. That's awesome! I especially like your goal of "feeling skinny," and the idea of spending a few minutes every morning envisioning your healthy self. I haven't been thin(ish) since early high school, so I too struggle with finding an appropriate image, but I hope you're right--I hope it helps get your days started off on the right foot.
Anyway, GOOD LUCK! Have a great week.
Take care,
~briy
Congratulations on the loss AND, more importantly, for getting yourself back in the game! It's all too easy to slip over that line, but you held on and made it through! Back pats to you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the loss! Looks like you are on your way!
ReplyDeleteGreat loss!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome-- I am pumped that you found my blog! I love the support of others... just knowing how many people read my blog keeps me focused, because they're rooting me on and if I fail then it would be so disappointing to them, because they want me to finally knock this issue OUT!
ReplyDeleteQuestion: where did you get the picture of what you should look like at 185? Just curious :)
Happy dance for the 1.2 pounds! Sounds as if you've got a lot going on in your busy life, but it's great to see you doing the mental and emotional work needed to keep you on track.
ReplyDeleteWell done!