Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

HYC Check In

Well, the scale is UP .8 pounds this week. Argh! I'm getting so frustrated, I keep having internal dialogue along the lines of, "if I'm not getting anywhere, I might as well EAT something good!" Good, meaning bad. I really need to stop that because it's exactly the type of thing that's derailed me in the past.



On the upside, I updated my measurements yesterday and my hips and thighs are smaller. However, I'm not entirely convinced that I measured consistently, given my lumpy bumpy body...blech.



We had a busy weekend. Out to dinner on Friday, I ate one small white flour roll. Sunday night we did get a sitter and went to a James Taylor concert, which was really great. Today my husband is home sick with a cold. Tomorrow is my son's 3rd birthday...which means today I have to bake cupcakes. So, it seems like my week is going to be hectic.



On the upside, exercise is getting to be a habit. I really didn't feel like it yesterday, I was exhausted and have about a 5 hour sleep debt I'm trying to repay. But, I dragged myself onto the bike, regardless. Low carb dinners are also a bit of a habit. Yesterday I was really struggling--and I even went grocery shopping. I didn't buy anything unhealthy, but on the way home from the store, I ate a Wasa Sandwich, which is essentially flavoured cream cheese between two Wasa crackers. I had bought it for my son, but he didn't want it. And I was hungry. I was not unhealthy, but did have about 12 or 15 carbs...which is a lot for me. I've also been eating yogurt. They seem to have stopped making Atkins muesli/granola. So I've been having a tiny sprinkling of Ezekiel grape nuts type cereal on top of them. Yesterday I bought coconut, seeds and chopped nuts to make a lower carb topping. Breakfast on Atkins can be really tough for me...I don't like to eat eggs everyday, and often I like them with toast. And, lately, we haven't had as many left overs lying around. I'll be scouring the 'net for some new Atkins friendly breakfast ideas.

Anyhow, I only meant this to be a quicky update, and now I've rambled on a lot longer than intended;-) I'm still working on my "homework"...

*update* I totally jinxed myself by saying exercise was becoming a habit. My son woke up at 6:45 (over an hour early) today, and I've missed my Pilates...I could still make it up, but it's so much less likely in the afternoon. Grrrr.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for the again! Nothing to do but try again for next week.

    And thanks for the tip on the Wasa Sandwiches. I haven't seen those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on preserving on the exercise.
    Keep focusing on the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was better with the exercise! Hang in there, you'll score next week! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the better scale measurements. I bet they are accurate - it sounds like you're moving a lot and that's going to make you leaner. Your weight will catch up ... it just takes a little longer. But the pounds will come off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just started checking out your blog and I totally relate! I spent the entire month of March losing and gaining the same 5 pounds...so I just tried to maintain for a bit and then just jumped in full force. The first time I really focused again, I lost 6.5 pounds....hang touch!

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal