I toted my camera around yesterday, so bear with some of my results:-)
This is from outside Stockholm.
This is from outside Stockholm.I can't believe we're leaving for Michigan in just a week...
I lost 1 pound this week. I only exercised three times....
This morning I had a rather insightful thought, at least I think it was. I was emptying the dishwasher, as I usually do first thing in the morning, and thought to myself, "Wow, it's been like six months since I've had a binge." Of course I've thought about it a bunch, plotted for one, thought about what I could gorge on that would be the most satisfying. But, in the end, I always skipped it, because it wasn't worth it, and I think my "view" has changed a bit. Well, the insightful part is that I thought, "I haven't been stuffing myself, (stuffing "It" or emotions, perhaps?) so maybe that explains a bit of why I've felt more defensive and like lashing out in the past few months." Like something has to give, you know? Obviously, it's has a greater chance of being "let go" if it comes out, rather than being stuffed down. Anyhow, I feel like things are beginning to line up for me a bit, which is great, non? :-) I'm a little bummed, though, because I'm feeling like I'm on the brink of some breakthroughs, and Wednesday will be my last therapy session until August 17th. Regardless, I think I deserve one of these:

Especially since last night, for Father's Day, I made my husband a special treat of vanilla ice cream, strawberries and homemade chocolate sauce. I really wanted to eat it, but instead, I ate a small bowl of strawberries, a splash of 1/2 n 1/2 and a Splenda packet. It was nearly as good as ice cream with hardly any guilt!
I have a busy week planned, but I intend to step it back up on
the exercise front. This will be my last week until late July to really push it. There will be opportunities for active lifestyle, of course, in Michigan, but probably no formal HIIT or Pilates...just things like walking, playing at the beach and such.
I lost 1 pound this week. I only exercised three times....
This morning I had a rather insightful thought, at least I think it was. I was emptying the dishwasher, as I usually do first thing in the morning, and thought to myself, "Wow, it's been like six months since I've had a binge." Of course I've thought about it a bunch, plotted for one, thought about what I could gorge on that would be the most satisfying. But, in the end, I always skipped it, because it wasn't worth it, and I think my "view" has changed a bit. Well, the insightful part is that I thought, "I haven't been stuffing myself, (stuffing "It" or emotions, perhaps?) so maybe that explains a bit of why I've felt more defensive and like lashing out in the past few months." Like something has to give, you know? Obviously, it's has a greater chance of being "let go" if it comes out, rather than being stuffed down. Anyhow, I feel like things are beginning to line up for me a bit, which is great, non? :-) I'm a little bummed, though, because I'm feeling like I'm on the brink of some breakthroughs, and Wednesday will be my last therapy session until August 17th. Regardless, I think I deserve one of these:

Especially since last night, for Father's Day, I made my husband a special treat of vanilla ice cream, strawberries and homemade chocolate sauce. I really wanted to eat it, but instead, I ate a small bowl of strawberries, a splash of 1/2 n 1/2 and a Splenda packet. It was nearly as good as ice cream with hardly any guilt!I have a busy week planned, but I intend to step it back up on
the exercise front. This will be my last week until late July to really push it. There will be opportunities for active lifestyle, of course, in Michigan, but probably no formal HIIT or Pilates...just things like walking, playing at the beach and such.


Six months without a binge -- that's awesome!
ReplyDeleteI still have "mini" binges -- only the scale of the binge has changed.
Best wishes,
Sharon
That's a huge NSV! Well done!
ReplyDeleteThe website you want is http:/www.4woman.gov/ and look under Campaigns for Woman Challenge button. I've seen this calculator elsewhere too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking your camera. It's great to see other people's walks.
You must be feeling quite proud of how well you are doing and how much stronger you are re binging and exercise.
Not long now before you arrive in Michigan.
Pretty pictures. :) I can't wait until it's summer here in Australia again.
ReplyDeleteExcellent job on the NSV. :D
JM @ http://www.finallygettingfit.com
You are doing great!!! Keep up the good work, and stick to what you are doing- because it's working!!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures, beautiful!!
Beautiful photo, thanks for sharing. Six months without binging is great!
ReplyDeleteYou asked about Bali Jandals. It was a quick reference to the promise my daughter made when she left NZ for her holiday. They were stopping to visit a cousin in Bali. Last time she was there she brought me home a pair of jandals/sandals/flipflops covered in silver sequins that I love but are now showing serious signs of over-use. I ordered her to get me as many pairs as she is willing to carry beacuase I've not been able to buy anything I like as much here & Bali is much cheaper too. She is a clever shopper so I can't wait to see what she found me. This time next week I will know.Lol!
ReplyDelete