I think I need some new exercise options the one and only DVD I have, Pilates Complete for Weight Loss is not cutting it. I've been doing the beginner series and am up to the final level, more challenging with warm up and arms. I tried to jump up to intermediate the other day and I am just not ready for it, it's a severe jump. And, I realize that it's "for weight loss", so I guess that explains the speed, but I've felt like I would hyperventilate breathing at that speed. (You're supposed to coordinate breathing with the Pilates moves, so if you speed up the moves...)
Anyhow, I'm looking for something somewhat challenging. I don't really want to buy any new equipment. I have:
Pilates/yoga mat
Resistance bands
Various dumbbells
Exercise ball (75cm, I think)-my husband is buying one soon
I'm up for doing something with weight training, but I do not have a bench, and don't want to buy one until we move home. Keep in mind, I'm still 238 pounds, but fairly strong. It limits me somewhat, but not entirely;-) I'd be eternally grateful for any recommendations!
I managed 2 Pilates and 2 HIITs this week. Today's cardio was particularly good in a brutal way! My period arrived without warning - I must have mistaken the cramps for dull Pilates induced aches in my tummy. It's a good thing!
My eating has been good. Journaling has been sketchy, though. That's a hard habit to get into for me. I've been doing well on the 3 liters of water, and have started drinking 2 mugs of green or white tea daily.
Next week I'm planning to update my measurements to check my progress on that level. Yesterday I did the arm portion of my Pilates in front of a mirror (waist up). It was really interesting. I looked like I was wearing a flabby skin suit. I could totally see (maybe I was partially visualizing it...) my strong, toned muscles in my arms. I could see my collar bone and strong shoulders. When I put my hands on my waist, I could feel my core muscles. Unfortunately I looked like I was wearing some sort of extra, saggy skin suit. Especially appalling were my bat wing arms.
I can't believe it's only 8 weeks from Monday until we leave for Christmas in Michigan. I am not planning a free-for-all during those 3 weeks. I am planning on being relaxed (as much as I can) about food, and conscious about moving. I really need to step it up during these next 8 weeks.
If there are any men reading this, you may want to skip this part:-) I was thinking today about my panty size. In the vast range that my weight has oscillated over the past 10 years, I have not once changed my panty size. I've changed clothing size, but never my panties. I've worn VS high leg briefs in size XL irregardless if I weight 292 pounds, or 218. Sure, once or twice I bought a kitchy pair at Lane Bryant, but never liked them. I thought about this because I've recently purged my panty drawer, discarding any that were worn out, stretched or ratty. This leaves me with only a few remaining pairs, and it just struck me as odd that I've always worn the same size. Anyone else do this?
Well, hows that for a post full of unrelated topics?:-) Have a healthy weekend!


hi, found your blog through one of the other weight loss blogs i follow. i am married to a swede, and we lived in västerås for four years. i grew up in michigan, looks like we have a little bit in common :) my blog is www.spyfox1969.blogspot.com if you want to check it out :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE workout DVDs and I have way too many favorites. Something that might work for you is Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30-Minutes to Fitness. It's one DVD with a lower body and an upper body workout, each only a half hour. You can do them on the same day or different days, as you choose. She's also putting out Kickboxing and Boot Camp workouts in this series, but they're not done yet. Have you looked at Collagevideo.com It's a great place to search for what you might like and even see video clips (handy even if you don't order from them).
ReplyDeleteOh, meant to say that one of the good things about the 30-min to Fitness DVD is she only uses dumbbells and a small towel, so not a lot of equipment to worry about that. I do have lots of equipment but don't always want to drag it out, so I like that.
ReplyDelete