Another week goes by, and the scale goes up! I was down to 237.4 yesterday, but up 2 pounds today! Monday's don't seem to be a good day for me to weigh. I wonder if it's because I actually eat less on the weekends? Our routine is a big-ish egg/meat/veggie brunch around 10am, then our dinner at about 3 or 4 pm. So, weekends I usually only eat two meals and a small snack. I did pretty well on water yesterday, but was perhaps one glass deficient. I can't imagine missing one glass of water (out of 3 liters!) would cause me 2 pounds. I also didn't eat anything salty....wait, a few pieces of prosciutto. Maybe that's it.
In eight weeks I'll be on a plane to Detroit. I don't think there is any possibility of making my Christmas Challenge goal. Now my question is do I revise it now? Or just leave it? I mean, I still intend to meet it....it just may turn into an Easter goal at this rate. *roll eyes here* Maybe its more motivating to adjust it to something attainable? I really don't know...because I don't want to be defeatist, either. In my head, I'm hoping to be out of the 230s by December 15th. That means about 1 pound a week...or a shade more. That will be the first time out of the 230s since....like....2001!
Thursday is our 5 year wedding anniversary. Hubby wants us to eat out, I'm ambivalent. I don't want to sabotage myself. I'm thinking of agreeing to go to a movie.
This week I want to stick to my plan of low carb food, lots of water, green tea and 4 work outs. I'm also planning to up the intensity of my HIITs, the way I did on Friday. It was brutal, in a good way. Additionally, I have some mail to send out, a chore list to tick off and I'd like to finish reading Three Cups of Tea. I wish there was some way to speed up my therapy progress. It just seems so slow, and when I think of my "issues" they are just this overwhelming snowball that's threatening to shmush me.
Well, thanks for checking in with me! Have a great few days:-)


We have those up & down weeks ... Hang in there! I did get sucess by revising my plan. You still have time to do it. Happy Anniversary! Go out & eat, just keep an eye out on your choices. Wishing you a great week!
ReplyDeleteAh, hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI understand The Snowball Effect, which we both know is best handled flake by flake. (No, I didn't just call you flaky.*g*)
Wishing you better days....
My scales were up 2 lbs this week, too, and I was down 4 lbs at the gym Saturday BEFORE my workout. I am chalking it up to heavier atmospheric pressure. You can, too, if you want. :)
ReplyDeleteWe've both got a new week to work with, so we'll make better choices, workout, and watch the numbers move down next week!
I've been having a bunch of up weeks lately. :-P Hang in there. Sounds like you are keeping a lot of good habits.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Path to Health
Hi! I found your blog from the HYC and wanted to pop by. I was way up this week...ugh! But look on the bright side - happy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteso? find anniversary night?
ReplyDeleteromantic dinner?
all that :)
MizFit