I am beginning to wonder if I don't need to ditch Atkins...or at least cut the fat. I am just not getting anywhere for the past few months! I bounce up, fight my way back down (out of the 240s) and then bounce back up again. It's so frustrating! I'm exercising, in ketosis and doing all the right things and just getting no where. My clothes aren't even getting loose!
Last night I was talking to my husband about my eating plan (he eats our Atkins dinners, but has fruit for breakfast, and who knows what for lunch), and telling him that maybe I need to add whole grains and fruits, and cut the fat. He got all excited thinking that meant we could eat cheese fondue. Uh, No! Cheese would have to go, for the most part, and the bread we dip is not whole grain. Irregardless, my kitchen is still stocked for Atkins, so we'll be sticking with that plan until Monday at least..
The problem, for me, is I'm scared to spin out of control with a more "accepted" diet plan. When I've tried it in the past, I do well for a couple of weeks, then slowly start to lose control with the added carbs. Maybe the solution is to just cut back the Atkins fat (and, hence, calories).
I also think I need to commit to journaling. I think it is a total pain in the a$$, but I think I just need to do it, you know? At the least, I'll have to make a list here...I don't think I can handle plugging values (almost everything I eat is custom) into
Fitday.
I really want to crack down until Christmas.
So far, I've done 2 1/2 pilates sessions (1/2 is because I tried the intermediate session and couldn't make it...she was going so fast!) and 2 cardio work outs. It looks like a decent day today, so I'll probably take my son for a walk in the forest, and am planning another Pilates session and a cardio too if I have time.
Last, but certainly not least, I'm sending a big thank you to Betty over at
My Secret Diet Blog for giving me this award:
I'm very honored that she finds me encouraging and can only hope others do too! I'm going to pass this on to all of you that bother to read and leave me such nice comments here, thank you so much, it really does mean a lot to me!
I created a separate blog for my food journal here, and put up a link in the sidebar so you can find it. I can't imagine anyone would be interested...but just in case:-)
Also, yesterday I finally figured out how to watch American TV online-they usually block non US based IP addresses. I wasted 3 hours watching the first two episodes of Biggest Loser. Maybe wasted isn't the right word, but it took a lot for me to sit through 3 hours of TV. Anyhow, it was inspiring-but WTF on those obscene week 1 losses?? How on earth does someone lose 19-28 pounds in one week?!? 7-10, I can see if you're coming off some really bad eating and dehydrated, but holy cow!
I hope everyone has a delightful weekend!
OOH I may have to look at your food journal when I have a moment as I used to write for the atkins newsletter (a monthly column) perhaps I can help?!
ReplyDeletelife calls but Ill be back.
MizFit
Congrats on the award!! Well deserved. Good luck with finding the balance with the Atkins. WOuldnt hurt to cut the fat back a bit and see how it works. Not like you cant go back to adding it in if it doesnt.
ReplyDeleteGood luck. You can do it!!
*huggles*
=0)
Ohhh, do tell how you got it to work, the American TV online thing, I mean. Would it work in S.A. too?
ReplyDeleteSorry you´re feeling a bit down about your diet, but I understand completly. Hopefully you´ll find a solution that works for you!
Have you ever tried the South Beach Diet? You can eat healthy carbs. I've never tried Atkins, but I've heard they're similar.
ReplyDeleteI did atkins several years ago and in spite of staying on plan for three months I only lost 6 pounds and that was all in the first two weeks. That means I stuck to it for another 10 weeks before giving it up. This time around I have eaten healthily and not figured in carbs and protein. I do keep an estimated tab on calories. I have lost 43 pounds now. Atkins just doesnt work for everyone. I wish you all the luck in this weightloss journey.
ReplyDeletehttp://dietingisnotapieceofcake.blogspot.com