Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 27, 2008

The scale is moving!

And, in the right direction, too! I'm a little bit excited to report a loss of 3.6 pounds this week. I didn't have a particularly good week as far as being on plan...so, I hope the loss sticks. I feel kind of stupid saying that, because hope has nothing to do with this weight loss battle I'm fighting. And, I truly feel like I have to fight for every ounce.

Eating recap: felt very sick on Thursday. I do not know what was going on with me-it's still slightly present, however. I woke up with a killer headache, suddenly felt ravenously hungry, but when I went to find something in the fridge I had zero appetite. I actually felt like I had the flu-nauseous and even tried to make myself throw up. I finally made myself a whole grain grilled cheese, felt slightly better, but then threw up a little bit. I continued on with these symptoms on Friday too, adding some lightheadedness. Maybe it was low blood sugar, I don't know...but I've been eating whole grain bread in small quantities and I had one bowl of Kashi "grape nuts" cereal on Friday. It was a tiny bowl. Oh, and in celebration of our anniversary, my hubby opened a 1997 Groth Cabernet that we bought some years ago and had always planned to drink for our 5th anniversary. It was a stunning wine.

Exercise recap: I'm having a hard time remembering exactly how many work outs I got in. How pathetic is that?? I know there was at least one strength work out (courtesy of my new addiction at Spark People) and one HIIT on the exercise bike. Saturday I spent about 2 hours vigorously raking leaves.

My computer has been acting up big time, and I suspect it's the enormous "My Pictures" folder, so I've been trying to process some of them. I did manage, although it took me the better part of three days (!!), to process, upload and turn my March pictures into a photo-book for my Mom's birthday. Now, I just have 9 more months to process! (March was a big month with spring vacation...but still)

Goals for this week:
  1. continue with low carb eating, allowing occasional whole grain serving
  2. continue with 3 liters of water and green tea daily (has anyone discovered Matcha?? It's so good!)
  3. 2 strength and 2 HIITs
  4. process and upload 2 more months of photos
  5. practice being kind to myself
  6. schedule a spa appointment for next Tuesday morning
  7. practice being in the moment

So, how is everyone else doing? Well, I trust!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on seeing the scale moving this past week! Here's to an even better week this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the weightloss this week! It's nice to see those numbers moving downward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we spent our Saturday doing the same things! :) It feels so good to be able to rake my own leaves. Cheaper, too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal