Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 19, 2008

HYC Check-in

I knew I'd get here eventually!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's been a bit of a rough week, struggling with wanting to binge, shifts in my son's schedule and just being over tired in general. I'm proud of myself for not bingeing, despite an encounter or two with whole grain bread and a few blueberries. Definitely an improvement over attacking the bakery/cookie aisle in the grocery store. One other thing I've noticed is that I'm no longer willing to put "poisoned garbage" (which is what I'm feeling/thinking about white flour/corn syrup/hydrogenated fats) into my body. My binge cravings this time were for more homemade type foods-mac n cheese/fondue/ice cream/home made cake/brownies. Here is a time being lazy helped me! It just seemed like too much trouble to go to such an effort to buy ingredients, lug them home and fix it into something unhealthy!
I'm feeling good this morning because the scale moved for me:-) I lost 2.6 pounds this week. I did not exercise, however. I'm still trying (how on earth can this be so difficult for me-is it just an excuse??) to figure out the schedule. I'm going to try to do my HIIT cardio while my son naps this afternoon. Tuesdays and Thursdays, he's going to school, so Pilates will not be a problem most days. I just need to get it in my mind that it's OK to work out after breakfast instead of before. I think reading Body For Life got me set on needing to exercise before eating anything...
We're leaving for Michigan in just five weeks. I'd really like to get to 230 (down 12 pounds) by then...but it's probably a stretch. When I first started this challenge in January, I marked my calendar with goals and June 23rd is 230 pounds. Mentally, it would be a great boost if I can make it, I just need to prepare myself to not feel defeated if I don't make it. Or do I? Perhaps I should stick with the confidence/optimistic outlook?

11 comments:

  1. Ditto to a rough week. I gave myself time out today. I can do that now there are no children in the house. Actually I'm fighting off a headcold & sore throat. Preparing to begin your challenge of 2 weeks LFL as perfectly as possible. I've even found my workbook so no excuses.

    Enjoy everyday as you prepare and dream about your trip to Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great week, weight-wise! Well done!

    As for a goal of 12 pounds in five weeks, I see nothing wrong in striving for it as long as you don't see yourself as a failure if you don't quite get all the way there. It's very possible that you WILL get there, and that possibility might be enough to stave off any blueberry attacks and keep the exercise momentum going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do join me for 2 weeks of clean eating on Atkins.

    With your exercise you should see some real progress.

    My weight loss weeks start on Friday but I plan to start my 3 protein days on Thursday.
    My exercise plan is to walk a minimum of 3000 steps on the beach each day and go to the gym 3 times each week. I expect to see significant change in the scales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the loss....keep it going....

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo!! 20 pounds is awesome, I LOVE that bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 2.6 pound loss!

    Definitely have an I CAN attitude towards that goal. Who knows, anything is possible when you set your mind and body to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your loss. That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the great week!!!!

    YAY YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think goals are great especially as Cammy pointed out, you don't view yourself as a failure if you don't make the goal.

    Congratulations on the weight loss - I think anything over 2 pounds a week is a huge weight loss!

    My old binge food would have to be made too (velveeta dip with rotel tomatoes) and I am happy to say I haven't made that dip in over 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go for your goal! You never know what you can do - - then if you don't make it, you will still be so close and will have a nice loss to look back on and either way you will either "be" there or be very close.....so go for it! Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great job making healthy choices! Congrats on the loss.
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal