Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 23, 2008

Weekend Update

First the good news-I've done 5 workouts this week-3 Pilates and 2 cardio. I've moved up to the "more challenging with warm-up" beginner routine, and I feel like I can do the moves much more accurately after just 6 weeks (started 8 weeks ago, but missed 2 weeks).

Now, here's my whine. Wednesday evening, while my husband was in Copenhagen, I noticed the white part of my left eye was tomato red. Google lead me to believe I have burst a blood vessel, nothing to worry about but scary to look at. It was feeling worse on Thursday afternoon, so I called the socialized health hot-line here in Sweden. Managed to navigate the Swedish menu, waited 15 minutes on the phone, and was told to call back for someone with better English. So, I did--got the same nurse. Apparently she was the only one working. Anyhow, her English was fine, apparently. I schlepped to the state run pharmacy to buy some ointment. My husband has been squeezing it into my eye. I feel a bit better, but still look like a demon! Then, this morning my husband (who is Swedish) asks me what the ointment is. I have no idea, and he says, "So...you're just putting stuff in your eye that some nurse who can't speak English told you to?" "Uh....yeah." We had a laugh about that. Then, this morning, I caught my foot (I have hideous feet with severely cracked calluses) on the threshold of the door and pulled back some of the cracked part on the ball of my foot in an extremely painful way-it's nearly bleeding. Then, I decided I needed to bush whack my underarms with the epilator (I do this regularly). I 'bit' my left pit, then went on to do the same on the right one. I kind of feel like I'm falling apart!

I am doing 2 weeks of Atkins induction, starting today, with MargieAnne. I think this will help me achieve my goal of 230 by June 23rd. Bon Weekend, tout le monde!

2 comments:

  1. Your weekend just has to get better after all that. Do hope your feet & underarms are recovering. Your eye too. It must be so difficult living in a non-English speaking culture even though most people do have some English.

    I did well yesterday and on the road to another good day. It's a little cool here & I'm still sneezing so just getting my head organised to go to the gym. Will take some cold/pain-relief too

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that all sounds really painful. Here' hoping it all heals up well.

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal