Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, September 8, 2008

HYC/CC Check In

Well, it's been a good week, for a change. I lost 3.8 pounds. I exercised 4 times on the bike. I ate right, and drank loads of water.

Saturday we went to the farmers market, which is in full swing right now. I spent most of the day processing my purchases. I cleaned, chopped and steamed 4 bunches of Tuscan Kale, slow roasted 5 pounds of Roma tomatoes, washed all the lettuces and arion berries. I made caponata out of eggplant, onions, zucchini, peppers and tomato sauce. Phew.Sunday we had company. I found a bunch of fresh porcini mushrooms growing in my yard, so they became sauce for our grilled veal tenderloin. It was a really good meal. And, best of all, on plan for me!Here's a shot of my whole load from the Market. It cost me about $125 us. Oh, I also got a dozen farm eggs. The grapes and berries are for my guys, I won't be eating those. This should last us most of the week. My husband forgot to turn off the oven on my second batch of roasted tomatoes, so half the batch was wasted. I'm starting to get a good stash of them, though. I've stored 3 jars in olive oil in the fridge, and next weekend I'll make some to freeze. They are so good, like candy!

This weeks plan will be:
  • ~four more work outs
  • ~get my son enrolled in some swimming lessons
  • ~give myself a pedicure with my new gold polish
  • ~lots of water

~continued Atkins induction food plan

~visit and comment on more blogs (that sooooo keeps me motivated, thank you!)

I'm going to try and pamper myself once a week, and do some sort of special grooming once a day. Things like facial scrub, body exfoliation, long soak in the tub, hair removal.

I hope everyone is doing well, and has a great week!

5 comments:

  1. great list!! Come visit my blog! and way to go on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lovely photos make my mouth water. It's been such a wet year here the season is way behind. Veges & fruit will be late and possibly in some will be in short supply.

    Good to see you doing so well. I am almost ready to begin whatever I decide to do. Now that I'm gluten free I'm not sure whether I want to do LFL although it is very compatible. I want to eat some bread, gluten free, and some sweets so will be thinking about the next step for another day or so.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats on the loss! That´s great. I hope I can do better on my exercize this week too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the loss. You are kicking butt. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make your food look so beautiful, a pretty picture :-)

    What are the berries? are they something Scandinavian?

    It certainly sounds like alot of money but I know that Scandinavia is expensive.

    Coincidentally, my SO is in Sweden this week and complaining about the price of beer!

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal