Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, September 12, 2008

Weekend Update

Things are OK here. I've had some challenges the past day. Last night I woke up at 2:30am with a sore throat, then I thought I heard the phone ring and began worrying about my dad (who was having an MRI/CT Scan yesterday). I basically slept very fitfully until 6am, when I dragged myself out of bed. I did find a swimming instructor for my son, and we went to meet her at the pool this morning. But, apparently, she's not supposed to be giving private lessons at that pool, so the whole thing was a bust--they wouldn't let us in! My son was very disappointed.

The government here (have I mentioned it's Socialist?) requires you to have a chimney sweep come to inspect and clean your chimney (even if it's not in use) every other year. Naturally, they charge an exhorbinent fee for this, and you are told when the chimney sweep will come as opposed to making your own appointment. You are also required to install the ladder for him to get to your roof. My point is that he came the other day and spent a total of seven minutes here. He made me give him an old towel, where he could put the soot, then just left it in our furnace room. When I went in there yesterday, I noticed the towel, and something red on the floor....was that blood? Then I looked at the furnace. Bloody fingerprints everywhere. He must have cut himself and just bled all over my house! I am beyond shocked and irritated!

Ack. I thought I wasn't going to complain...sorry about that. I can't seem to go even 24 hours w/o a good rant here. sigh.

I only got 3 work outs in this week, as I'm just feeling too sick and tired today...and I missed Monday because my son refused to nap. Eating has been on track, although I think we are going to have to change our Wednesday night routine. After my therapy session, we usually go out to an Indian restaurant. I have salad and chicken tikka. I suspect the sauce is loaded with salt as it always takes me 3 days to recover, even though I stay in ketosis, and don't eat anything illegal.

Tomorrow is the farmers market again. I still have all the cabbages, celery root and cucumbers from last week. Perhaps I'll eat a cucumber for lunch...and I'm looking for the energy to make celeriac soup. Dinner plans include:
  • green bean and mushroom casserole with roasted turkey breast tonight.
  • braised lamb and eggplant Saturday
  • Caramelized onion dip followed by steaks on the grill....maybe that celeriac soup on Sunday (we're having company....again!) Or maybe I'll wait on the soup until I can do the duck confit next week, and find some inspiration at the farmers market.
  • grilled sausages and eggs for Saturday breakfast (yes I'm gonna make my hubby grill for breakfast! we found pork and sun-dried tomato sausages at the English butcher's shoppe that looked really good)

Sometimes I feel like I get overambitious when I plan my meals. Oh, well...I hope everyone has a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. The blog is a good place for a rant....
    Hope you have a good weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe links. I must try the lamb & eggplant, also maybe a modified version of mushrooms & green beans. You do well to stay in ketosis. I'm on my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm... what a list! I've been looking for something else to do with lamb than what I usually do... but this month I've also been looking for lamb! There wasn't any at the store I usually shop at.

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal