Once you realize a certain kind of food makes you sick, would you carry onHmmmm. And this passage really spoke to me, as I am unhappy living in Sweden, and constantly complaining about it, with a lurking feeling that "most" of my problems will be much lighter when we move home:
eating that food and asserting that it is OK to be sick?
See if you can catch yourself complaining, either in speech or in thought, about
a situation you find yourself in, what other people say or do, your
surroundings, your life situation, even the weather. To complain is always
non acceptance of what is, Invariably, it carries an
unconscious negative charge. When you complain, you make yourself into a
victim. When you speak out, you are in your power. So, change the
situation by taking action or by speaking out if necessary or
possible; leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness.
Now, I complain about all those things on a weekly, if not daily, basis. Believe me, I speak out about it all the time, but perhaps not in the right way. I am not prepared to leave my husband, so that pretty much leaves acceptance, which is really scary.
Otherwise, I've exercised once (now I must exercise Wed, Thurs and Fri!), drank 2 liters of water so far today, and dug out my ketosticks. I tested lightly positive, but that was after drinking all that water, so I am confident that I'm not ingesting any hidden evils:-)


All too true.
ReplyDeleteLearning not to complain is harder than losing weight I reckon. On the other hand I don't want to be the one who drives everyone bananas by always having a 'too smart' answer.
I work with a woman who does this. Someone makes a comment about the weather being freezing. BTW it never freezes here but it gets relatively cold especially in a S.Wind. Her response ....'It's not cold, if you want cold go to Mongolia.' or some such. I wish I could avoid working next to her as her comments are not cheering, simply irritating. That response is as friendly as telling someone to eat their veges because children starve in Africa.
But we can train ourselves to find the positives in life and dwell on them rather than let the negatives do a continuous tickertape through our thoughts.
I'm working on it ....
What a great passage - I wish my husband was reading that book!! Thanks for coming by my blog and have a great week. Oh, and I am very impressed with your dedication to the haul you got at the farmer's market. That's a lot of work to be healthy. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteI so believe all this.
ReplyDeleteI think it was after I read EAT PRAY LOVE that it finally clicked for me and Ive been seriously shocked how shifting my thinking has impacted my entire world (I KNOW I KNOW :) but I believe it)
MizFit
Thanks for sharing the book passages. I have this book so now I just need to pull it out and read it. It sounds like it would be quite relevant for me.
ReplyDeleteI am confused by your comment on my post today. The pudding you add to it is sugar free/fat free...no sugar.
ReplyDeleteI don't think complaint in and of itself is evil, but when it becomes a pattern of thought, I get worried.
ReplyDeleteLife is all about compromises, but we don't have to love all of them. :) It's important, I think, that you're willing to live somewhere you don't love in order to live WITH someone you do love.
whoa.
ReplyDeleteI havent read the book but that ALL ELSE IS MADNESS? resonated with me.
I may be caving and finally joining the masses in reading it :)
MizFit