Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm chatty, aren't I?

Seems like I have a lot to post lately...I guess that's a good thing!

I've planted another mum today, hosed off our deck, done the grocery shopping, had an excellent work out, taken a leisurely LUSH bath (it was chocolate mint, yum!) and caught up on my email. Now I just have to stop procrastinating dinner...I have to do something with those savoy cabbages sitting in my fridge...and a pork tenderloin. I am really sick of cooking, hence the procrastination.
We've just been invited to dinner at a friends on Saturday, hopefully I'll be able to negotiate that without trouble.

Here are some photos of Tuesday night's dinner. It was a great rack of venison that I seared at about 475f in the oven for 15 minutes and hubby reheated on the grill, and braised Tuscan kale with pancetta and caramelized onions. Yum, that is probably my favorite way to eat kale. The venison was excellent (we're still eating it!)










Today at the store I found the giant blueberries. I can only eat one or two, but they're really fun for my son. My favorite blueberry tip is to wash them in water with a little apple cider vinegar, then gently spin them in your salad spinner to dry. Pad your salad spinner with 3 layers of paper towel. Then store the dried, clean berries in a paper towel lined bowl, lightly covered. They last much longer this way!
Look at the size of these things!
In other news (perhaps this is why I feel like blogging a lot?), I'm planning to participate in Fall Turn Off Week next week. This is in line with my efforts to be more in the moment. I feel like we zone out to TV, and especially the computer, way too much, and we are not there 100% for each other because of it. Hence, I won't be posting any updates next week. It will be really interesting to see if I can manage without Internet, as it's like my lifeline here. TV won't be so much of a problem...unless the weather is extremely bad on the weekend--it will be hard to resist a movie. I guess I'll be able to finish a book or two, instead:-) My husband is not entirely on board with this plan...weekend, he said fine, TV he is fine, but he won't give up his crackberry, nor commit to work/pc-free evenings at home. I may have to give myself just 5-10 minutes email a day...we'll see. Maybe we'll start Friday night.
Thanks for all the suggestions on rewards! I'll probably get another pedi (or two!) and some new panties at Christmas time. I hope everyone has an awesome, healthy weekend!
Oh, and if you'd like to be added to my list of Inspiring Blogs...please let me know. I've just gone through and deleted some that were not updating anymore, so my list is looking thin...like us!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to be added. I´ll try to be inspiring, like you! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok
    so here's my question:

    can we record tv shows during turn off week?

    (not joking)

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal