Good Monday Morning!
Last week was great! I am down 10 pounds and am thrilled! I joined Allan's challenge and am very motivated to get this weight off for good! Granted, the first week purge of carbs and crappy food is always the best for moving the scale, but I'm so looking forward to 240 again--and then downward!
The first three days were the worst, but by Thursday, I was feeling pretty good, sleeping better and more emotionally stable.
Thanks to Allan, I am now using the My Fitness Pal Iphone ap to track my calories. I want to stick with it (this ap is much easier than others I've tried-LoseIt, Spark People, FitDay, etc) because I know that calories DO count and they are easy to rack up when you are low carbing and not really worried about fats. 1200 is going to be tough, but that's my aim--the days I've tracked--since Saturday--have been about 1300-1380, so not too bad, I think. I was shocked to see my breakfast yesterday (coffees with cream, frittata with spinach, sauteed onion and feta cheese) was 700 cals. It did keep me satisfied until our early 4pm dinner, though.
I entered in goal weights for the first of each upcoming month to help me stay focused and inspired. I have six more to lose in Jan, which may be overly ambitious, now that I think of it. And then five pounds a month to make my July goal of 220. That is totally reasonable, I believe.
I am going to do my best to get all Allan's exercises in this week--I struggle with squats and lunges, or rather my knees struggle with them. The only way I can really do a squat is to hold onto the door jam to take some load off my knees...which just feels like cheating. I don't even know if there is any point in doing a squat in this manner. Does anyone have any good advice? I have a DVD called Strong Knees that I should probably fire up, it's more therapy than exercise, though.
Keep your focus this week!!


Just trying is so much more beneficial than nothing at all. As you do more, learn more, lose a little more, the exercise will be easier. Great start !!
ReplyDeleteI wish every week could be like the first week of eating healthy...I love seeing that scale go done by more than just one or two pounds! =)
ReplyDeleteKeep up the awesome work! I found tracking my food on my iPhone app to be one of the best tools for my weight loss!
I also have knee issues, and although squats have gotten a LOT easier, lunges still remain very difficult. Listen to your body, don't push too much!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean by "feeling like your cheating". I don't do my exercises as well as I should but we're just starting. Won't it be interesting next April to see how well your squats are? My pushups were lame but I struggled through them. Again, I'm looking forward to seeing how much easier they are come April. Stick with it! Allans right, doing something is SO much better than nothing!
ReplyDelete