Well, I'm sure this is a popular thing to post this time of year...here I am crawling back. Many things are happening in our lives and it's been a very stressful few months. Here's a brief recap of 2010:
Baby boy born in April
Moved home to the US in June
Stayed with my mother in Michigan until late August
Moved into a rental house in CT, to begin our house hunt
Hubby travelled back to Sweden A LOT August-November
Baby diagnosed with Fibular Hemimelia (missing the fibula in his left leg--he'll need at least two major surgeries) in September
Sold our house and car in Sweden
Found a complicated short sale in CT that we are trying to buy--many delays and "issues"
Hubby having a brutal commute schedule
So, I've basically eaten my way through Trader Joes for the past three months. The scale is back up to 261, brutal.
Today is THE day to start.
I'm going to do three days of protein to jump start things and purge the sugar/shit from my system. Then, I'm planning on a primal diet--meat, veggies, fruit, nuts, dairy. I'll slowly try to eliminate the dairy and fruit.
As soon as I get a bit situated (we just got back from vacation last night, so I have to unpack and get back in the flow of things a bit) I'm going to get back into exercise. I really HAVE missed it, and I'm looking forward to feeling strong again.
My brother is getting married on July 9th, so I'll use that as a short term goal date to lose 40 pounds. Sounds reasonable....40lbs in 6 months.
I'm doing pretty well with stress, I think. Although I have been using food. So, I want to work on stress reduction w/o the use of food, and being more relaxed in general. I'm also looking forward to reading blogs again and getting inspired! I think I've figured out how to blog from my iPhone, so hopefully I'll update more consistently.


Found you via a comment you left on another blog- looking forward to seeing your success!
ReplyDeleteI'm also working on dealing with stress, aiming to do it without meds eventually. Kudos on setting that as a goal!
Dang that is a whole lot of stress. I can see why diet hasn't been your focus.
ReplyDeleteYou can do this though. If I can do this, anyone can do this. Even in the midst of all the stress you can focus on what you eat and how much you move. Make it a priority.
Need to find a good substitute besides food. If you find it, let me know :)
ReplyDelete~Sheilah
Best wishes!! I was at 257 back in April and now am down to 203-205 depending on the day. You can do it!!
ReplyDelete