Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, January 21, 2011

Emotional Eating and TMI

I've really been struggling this week.  Wednesday I took the baby to the pediatrician and forgot to eat breakfast before hand.  Actually, I'd planned to grocery shop before the appointment and buy some cheese chunks or some other easy protein to nibble on, but it wasn't on my list and nothing stuck me as good.  On the way home--about 11:45am, I was ravishing and nearly went to KFC for some chicken, but held out.  I got home and nibbled cheese, olives, and a few other items I can't recall.  I didn't log food Tuesday or Wednesday...Thursday morning, I discovered why I'd been having so many cravings--that time of the month.  My periods have not returned to regular since the baby and I've had a couple of EXTREMELY heavy ones--this is one of those.  The last time was in October and I could not believe there was so much blood, I was in the bathroom every hour and had loads of laundry.  This is not that bad, but is not particularly normal either...

I'm becoming increasingly stressed about our housing situation.  We are renting a little old house while we try and purchase our dream home.  The dream home has been delayed and delayed (it's a complicated short sale) and pretty much an emotional rollercoaster.  This dream home is a bit of a catch 22--what if we get it? Great! What if we get it? OMG what have we done, bitten off too much? (it's bigger than we need, at the max of our financial limits and has "zoning issues")  We don't care for renting and want to get settled.  All our stuff is in storage, and we are just existing here, rather than really settling down.  That's the way it was for me in Sweden--not so good.  On the upside, I am in my home country--it's snowy, but not dark.

I am getting the exercise bug back.  I love the feeling after strength sessions!

 So, that's where I am at the end of this snowy week. 

1 comment:

  1. Plan ahead when it comes to eating. Glad you resisted KFC, I never plan to go there again. Ever. Hope the exercise bug stays.

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal