The scale is only down .8 pounds this week. I exercised 4 times. I had a rough weekend with PMS, but I didn't eat off plan, so hmmmm. I kind of want to say "I'm proud of myself for that" but then I swing on that narcissistic pendulum again and end up thinking "I could have done better." Still working on that. I think it's going to take a while...What really bums me out is that my clothing is not feeling loose. Many of my shirts feel shorter than usual, and I've always associated that with me getting fatter.
We're leaving for Florida in just 18 days! I'm excited about that, but bummed I haven't made more progress, you know? Last year when we went I weighed about 240, or 15 pounds lighter than now.
My goals for this week:
- Up resistance on exercise bike 1 level
- Exercise 5 times
- Notice moments of lightness
- Eat more vegetables
- Wash/vacuum car (amazing that I have to make this a goal!)
- Call my brother (he blew his knee out skiing on Saturday)
- Drink less Pellegrino (sodium) and more flat water
We are going to visit my in-laws this weekend. They live about 350 miles south of us, so it will be a lot of driving. I'm a bit stressed out before the trip (to Florida) because I really don't shop here beyond food. So, this requires some planning and executing online shopping so it arrives while we're there. I do enjoy shopping, but when it all piles up like this it takes some of the fun out of it.
Our cleaning lady came today, actually it was our cleaning lady's mother and a friend. They're Polish, and don't speak any English and not much Swedish. Now, admittedly, I've been living here for 4 1/2 years and I don't speak much Swedish, but that's because everyone speaks English so well. It must be hard to not speak Swedish or English...anyhow, my point was when I did try to speak Swedish, the majority of what came out was French, and I sounded like a completely stressed-out nut-job!


I love your comment "notice moments of lightness"...I find sometimes we lose sight of that.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment today!
.8 is better than nothing. You did great with the exercise. Quit beating yourself up. Remember that the scale is tempermental :). Normally when I am PMSing I gain and have come to accept that (I don't like it but accept it). So what part of FL you coming to?
ReplyDeleteHave a great time in FL. I can't believe you're still sticking to it while you're down there. If I travel anywhere of substantial length, I use that as an excuse to eat what I want. hahaha But that's me. :)
ReplyDeleteYour clothes might be tighter due to water gain from PMS. Being larger in your upper region might cause your shirt to rise. :)
Well done on the loss! It all counts, you know! You're doing great!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! I didn't even bother stepping on the scale this morning.
ReplyDeleteThinking thin, We'll be in Key Largo.
Carol, I know what you mean. I'm going to try not to do that this time. I may not be able to stick to Atkins, but I'm intending to make healthy choices. Hopefully I can come home without gaining 10 pounds!