Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, February 22, 2008

So, the exercise bike. I skipped it yesterday, because I was feeling terribly lethargic. Hubby thinks I'm coming down with something, maybe he's right, maybe not...I went to bed at 9pm and woke at 6am this morning, still feeling tired and achy. I dragged myself down to the bike, though, and tried out my 'new' routine ala Bill Phillips. It kicked my ass! But, I did feel better afterward. Then we cleaned the car (yay, scratch that off my weekly goal list), and came home and played outside for a while. Now I'm letting Babe watch Finding Nemo because I'm ridiculously tired. I'm also ridiculously hungry, but don't have the energy to make anything. I ate left over lamb burger for breakfast, and that was the extent of my leftovers. I don't even feel like I have energy to wash a piece of celery--yet somehow I'm typing. Maybe hot tea...

I need to pack and switch his car seat to the other side while he naps. I also need to get my breakfast prepared for tomorrow, so I don't have a stressful morning getting out the door. Oh, nearly forgot, I need to pack the cooler too, which means I need to go find freezer packs and put them in the freezer.

On a different note, has anyone been to RealAge.com ? I can highly recommend it. My real age is 45.3 vs 39.9... I'm also looking at this Biophysical test. I recently scheduled some blood tests in conjunction with my annual pap smear. It's a start...what attracts me to the Biophysical is that it's preventive rather than reactive. This is not the philosophy of the socialized health care system here. I wanted to get a Vitamin D test, and was told it is not administered at all in this country. Neither do they fortify any dairy products with it. We are strongly encouraged to give our children vitamin D drops, yet it is impossible to purchase any sort of adult vitamin D supplement. We are at 59 degrees north (same as Anchorage, Alaska) there is not much sun here for 9 months of the year, and the sun is the number one way to get your RDI of vitamin D....anyhow...

Things that helped my real age:
Good sleep levels
Limited or no secondhand smoke exposure
Parents relationship
Medication use
Happy marriage
Good vegetable intake
Healthy resting heart rate
No drinking and driving
Good omega-3 intake
Folic acid intake
Daily vitamin
Education level
Cell phone use
Vehicle size
Good oral hygiene
Safety belt or airbag usage
Ex-smoker
Daily breakfast
Ideal blood pressure
Diverse diet
No ovarian cancer in family
Calcium intake
Vitamin C intake

And things that hindered it:
Low fruit servings
Low unsaturated fat (not sure why this is here, eat lots of healthy fat)
Vitamin E intake (this is easy)
Driving speeds (this is easy, too)
Have cholesterol level measured (I have an appointment)
Potassium levels
Low grain intake
Social network and stress
Strength training level (will add Pilates work out next month)
Family history of breast cancer
High BMI (working on it!)
Lack of flexibility exercises (see Pilates note above)
Workout schedule
Flossing habits (need to floss more)
High red meat intake

Look and feel younger with RealAge! Start your 90-day RealAge Plan today.


I hope everyone has a nice weekend staying on track!

4 comments:

  1. Do your blood tests include thyroid function tests and anemia tests? Either of those could contribute to the fatigue (trust me, I know - I've had both issues).

    I'm sorry your energy is low. My fingers are crossed for you that it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking about you over here!
    I won't take the test till I've incorporated some of the changes :)
    I'd hate to find out I'm 65 or something ~~ I'm 47.
    I agree with HappyBC...thyroid and anemia tests are beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I ordered full thyroid, blood sugar, red blood cell count and cholesterol. I'm fairly certain I'm not anemic given the amount of red meat and leafy greens I eat...and I think the doc would freak if I asked him to add it, he made me feel like a total hypochondriac for wanting tests. I don't think it's unreasonable at all, I'm nearly 40 and have NEVER had cholesterol or red blood count.

    Anyhow, thanks for checking in with me!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks my dear!
    Good luck to you this week on your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal