Up resistance on exercise bike 1 level (switched the routine to be more effective and challenging)
Exercise 5 times (made it 4 times)
Notice moments of lightness (meh...a few)
Eat more vegetables (did pretty well, room for improvement)
Wash/vacuum car (amazing that I have to make this a goal!) (did it! needs it again, though!)
Call my brother (he blew his knee out skiing on Saturday) (did it)
Drink less Pellegrino (sodium) and more flat water (did pretty well)
(why can't I get out of quote mode!?figured it out, but it was not graceful.)
I also took my measurements yesterday, as I'm still in a quandary as to why my clothing feels short. I updated it here. I lost 1/2 an inch in most places, but my waist went up 1/2 an inch!WTF? I'm guessing it's due to "user error" as I'm so lumpy I find it difficult to measure consistently. I saw on Oprah that you should suck it in when you measure...maybe I should try that. But, I can't suck in my thighs (dammit!), and find that area hard to measure as well.
For this week, my goals are:
- Work on the Pell vs flat water some more
- Notice moments of lightness
- Eat MORE veggies, LESS nuts
- Exercise 4-5 times
- Finish online shopping
- Start packing
- Do homework from therapy before Wed night...
I'm still pondering needs/wants. And my homework assignment is tough...I'm having a really hard time with it. I will post about it when I figure out the "answers". I can't believe we'll be at The Reef in just 10 days! I've also been thinking about my healthy strategy for our time there. I feel like I'm in a really good place mentally-in regards to diet, anyways. So, I'm feeling like I'll be going in strong. I'm planning to only eat whole foods. I doubt I'll be able to stick to Atkins. But I will only go for whole grains and fresh fruits. I'm not sure how I'll deal with the frozen pina coladas on the beach... I read somewhere that a frozen margarita can have 750 calories! Eek, maybe I'll just keep that in mind. If I can get the drinks into the category of "poison" in my head like sugar and white breads, maybe I'll fare better and can choose something like a Painkiller or Mai Tai instead (rum and juice drink). People are pretty health conscious there, and I know I can special order in the restaurants (at least Atkins friendly), but, I doubt the sushi bar, which is awesome, will make rolls with brown rice.
I guess that's all for now. Wishing everyone a fantastic and healthy week!


You did great! Well done!
ReplyDeleteI think you did great... your to-do list for the week seems awfully long, but maybe I'm just lazy! Keep up the good work...
ReplyDeleteHmmm. I get to suck in for waist measurements? I did not know that!
Sounds like you are doing really well! Have a great week. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your loss! It sounds like you've done great on your specific goals AND on losing weight. Very nice. And how wonderful that you're already planning ahead for vacation. That's a recipe for success, right there! Good for you.
ReplyDeleteAwesome week! Way to get to the car!
ReplyDeleteFor the measurements, I have found that it is easier to use the area right at the belly button. Your natural waist is the point where you bend from left to right. I hope that helps. If you do suck in for waist, then you have to do that every time. I always try to go with the moment right after I've let out a breath. Nothing forced, just a natural exhale and measure.
Thanks for your comment on my blog and good luck as well with the HYC! I too struggle with dieting and having a family. Right now I am not fitting in any structued exercise with 3 kids under 6 to handle, but at least Im moving with as much as I have to run after them!
ReplyDeleteI would definitely give you a badge. Keep it up and the weight will come down!!
ReplyDeleteI read in one of Dr. Oz's books that you should suck in your stomach to take your waist measurement.
ReplyDeleteI love nuts and reach for the canister way to much.
I also saw Dr. Oz say you can suck in your stomach.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had an excellent week and that's pretty good already mapping out your eating plan for vacation.
I eat nuts with protein foods instead of the protein and I think this might be too much. Either or probably would be better for weight loss.
Eat your veggies!