Getting to Onderland!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekly Check-In

So, the scale is down another 1.2 pounds...the same as last week. It's slow, but at least it's something. I was feeling very discouraged yesterday, and the loss today helps! I exercised 5 times last week, which I'm very happy with! I kept up with my water, good eating and at least tried to be kinder. So, overall, I'm happy with the week. Katschis inspired me to post a couple of photos. I'll try and get a good one of my groceries this week too. Here's where I exercise. There is a television on the other side of the room, but it's not hooked up, so I basically stare into space!

Mentally, I'm all over the place. I find it easy to stay on track when I can feel or taste that thin(er) feeling, you know? Like I said last week about--thinking about that Tommy skirt feeling loose around my waist. But, it's easy for me to lose sight of that feeling. My husband and I both went on a brutal thinning of our closets over the past few days. I gave away a TON of clothes, he's more of a pack-rat, so many of his went to the "painting clothes pile". That should help, as all my "really fat" clothes are gone. I do have some comfortable sweats that I'm wearing now, but vow to ditch them as soon as they fall off. I also purged all the "skinny" clothes from 1999 that are totally out of style now, or workplace type clothes that I would never wear again. It was tough to part with an Anne Klein suit, but it was too big anyhow.

I've also been thinking about my rewards, and have plotted that if I just lose 5 pounds a month (nice and slow, and about the pace I'm currently experiencing), I can be 200 around the beginning of December. Then, I could do a big wardrobe shopping over Christmas (I only shop in the States because I don't care for the styles here and the Dollar is so weak). I'm also planning to start 2009 with a 12 week Body For Life Challenge. I have the book, (you can get an idea of my husbands profession and some of our other interests as well from the photo. I've arranged our bookshelves by color instead of by subject.) and was thinking about it on the bike this morning. One thing that really encourages me about the BFL exercise system is that you're not required to keep increasing the time spent exercising. You increase the intensity instead. This makes it easier for me to commit to 20-30 minutes a day, for life. As opposed to 20 minutes now, but when I become fit and healthy, I'd rather not have to spend 2 hours a day maintaining that, you know? So, anyhow, this will take a lot of dedication by me, and I hope I can stay with it!

We're only 3 1/2 weeks away from our vacation in Florida. It will be difficult (but not impossible) for me to eat the right things there. We'll be staying with my parents, and my father always has sweets around. I can do fine if there are no sweets/junk food in the house. But it always feels like after that first bite, I take a nosedive. So, I'm plotting the best way to handle this. I am buying a Pilates DVD and plan to start it when we return from Florida.
Finally, I fiddled around with the layout and like it better--mainly because it's wider and hence, less scrolling. :-)

7 comments:

  1. I'm also reading BFL at the moment, because I'm a bit clueless about weight training. Hopefully it will give me some pointers.

    Well done on the loss. It's better to lose 1 pound per week, ever week, than the odd 3-4 pounds here and there, followed by weeks of plateaus!

    Hope you can maintain a modicum of control over your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures! Love the pictures!
    I changed my layout to maxima too because it's just easier to read.
    Losing 5 lbs per month is the amount of weight my doctor would like to see me lose. She said I should be very happy with those kind of numbers. Patience is something I need more of.
    Count how many years you've been dieting and then multiply that by just ONE pound per month and see what the weight loss would've been. If for the past 10 years, I would've lost at that rate, I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now. One. measly. pound. So if you lost 1 lb per week..voila...52 pounds GONE in a year. I think we need reminding of this when we feel down about 'small' losses.
    gees, I'm rambling and it's late.
    I have the BFL book too. I should dig it out and see if I'm up for it at a lighter weight.
    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss and on the exercise! I'll check out that BFL thing, too, so thanks for the nod in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the weight loss and getting lots of exercise in! You're doing great. I think it's better for you in the long run that you're having more of a steady, paced weight loss. I loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray on the weight loss! Good work! Good week!

    I'm intrigued by BFL, but it intimidates me. Maybe after C25k I'll look into it.

    Have a great time on vacation. Maybe maintenance might be a good goal - I find it's hard to lose when away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the weight loss and exercise routine. And just think how much fun it will be when you go shopping for a new wardrobe!!! :)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the exercise and weight loss. Clothes are so much less here in the States, when you are in FL you can probably pick up a few things, we would come to FL with empty suitcases and buy all new while we were here. Shoe prices are especially inexpensive here compared to Europe.

    Its very easy to eat healthy while in FL, most restaurants are very accommodating and there are healthy choices everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Express your support:-)

July Goal