Well, this past week has been a roller coaster...as usual. The scale has been bouncing around a lot (I cannot keep myself from weighing daily, I think it helps keep me accountable), but I ended up with a
1.2 pound loss for the week--not too bad. I stayed on track, and
exercised 3 times. But, I think my most important achievement this week has been identifying some of my inner issues. I started writing a follow up post to the one about my superiority complex, but was sidetracked by family needs--I'll try and expound on that this week. What I've identified is I have a superiority complex, which is really just an inferiority complex. I think this stems from my perfectionism. For example, I always have this feeling of, "I could have done better than that" or feeling like I didn't quite nail something exactly, I don't fit in, I was not the smartest or the fastest or the absolute winner. And, even when I am the winner, I still have self talk that negates my achievement by indicating the competition was weak or the bar was set low, so it was an easy win. My therapist will get an ear full this week, I'm sure!
This weeks goals:
- Stay on track food wise
- Exercise 3-5 times
- Keep up with water
- Take measurements
- Being kinder to myself and others
I'll keep track of my measurements here.
Hi and welcome from me too!
ReplyDelete1.2 loss is great! Welcome and enjoy the support - this is a great group of people!
ReplyDeleteHello!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Healthy You Challenge!!!
Best wishes to you!!
*huggles*
=0)
Hi and welcome to healthy you challenge. Thanks for visiting my blog...yours is nice too. I look forward to seeing your progress!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog!
ReplyDeleteI love your goals for the week...
Good luck!
Welcome to the challenge, I'm new too! I also have a problem with negative self talk that I'm trying to improve. Hopefully writing about these issues and bringing them out in the open will help! Congratulations on the loss and good luck with this week's goals. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWow, reading through the last couple posts you've done some amazing work. You've done some excellent introspection and exploration of what's going on inside. That's not easy - good for you.
ReplyDeleteI weigh myself daily, too. I know it is a roller coaster ... it can vary by a couple pounds from one day to the next ... but it helps keep me on track. I wouldn't do it if it set me off emotionally, but I'm not so emotionally involved in the day-to-day number. I watch the trend. I write about it here: http://anotherfitnessblog.blogspot.com/2008/01/todays-daily-weigh-in-what-daily.html
I think it is a-OK weigh daily, as long as you don't see the number one or two days and get freaked out.
Anyway, congrats on your loss, and keep up the good physical and mental work!
Hello and welcome to the challenge! I think you will like all the support, resources and motivation here. It has helped me. Good luck with your goals this week! They look good to me! You can do it!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Challenge from me too! Good for you for setting out goals for the week - it really helps!
ReplyDeleteThis is very much an emotional journey. I also have perfectionist tendencies, but am learning to be kind and patient to myself. It makes all the difference!
Welcome to the challenge! You are off to a great start and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
ReplyDeleteWelcome....great start...wishing you a great week ahead...and nice goals...
ReplyDelete